12 October 2008

Pics of life since Babushka

Some more recent pics: Some of them are of my new neighborhood and my host sister, and one is of a class I taught for a while at the university. We took the photo on my last day teaching them, so I'm wearing some gifts they gave me. Also note the stuffed two-humped camel they gave me! They were an awesome class- freshmen applied linguistics majors. [note the one guy- it's not a very popular major for Kazakh guys]











9 comments:

NWO Observer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Whoa where'd this blog come from? I totally just found it and your loosening of drawstrings cracked me up. Sounds like quite an adventure you got goin there. What are you doing afterwards?

Unknown said...

o ya if you ever find yourself doing an asian tour further east for whatever reason lemme know.

Greer said...

XTina!!!!!!

I am SO glad I finally got off my you-know-what and took a look at your blog! Sylvia and I are putting together a presentation for John's Practicum class about Ongoing Assessment and peanut butter sandwiches (the class will be setting criteria for the ideal sandwich, then engaging in actually making the sandwiches, and then will spend time evaluating their performance and deciding how closely it aligned to the criteria set forth in step #1) ... and one of our study breaks was to see what you have been up to!

Your pictures are gorgeous, your host sister is adorable, and all of your adventures seem fabulous and highly entertaining. We miss you tons, but we are overjoyed to hear and see that you are doing as amazingly well as we always knew you would. And KZ seems to be so much more beautiful than I'd ever have anticipated. Maybe a Graduation trip in Spring 2009 isn't such a bad idea after all :)

We love and miss you very much and can't wait to hear more about your hijinks, shenanigans, etc. Stay safe and happy!

Love,

Greer

Unknown said...

It looks so beautiful there! Your host sister is adorable...and i think that Christinoo may stick <3

xoxo

Booty:) said...

Styn!!!!!!!!!!! Your photos are beautiful...I especially enjoyed the elaborate spread of food:) Missing you and so excited to see you Happy! Love you lady. xoxo
oh yeah and sweet fit:)

natalie anne cole said...

hey lady
claire and i are impressed at your professional attire. we are drinking wine and we miss you. keep up the teaching of applied linguistics - we are in awe! your awesome, love nat and claire

Kristina said...

Aw, your host sister is so cute. Glad to see you're happy and doing well. :)

Sylvia said...

XT! I've been thinking of you, wishing we could make a run to watsonville for pan dulce and supertaqueria...
it's indian summer here today - beautiful, but your pics are pretty stunning. can't wait to hear what happens next - you're making me want to take up russian!
miss you! much love, sister!