25 November 2008

Here I am

I made it to Aktobe and I'm here all settled in. The university is awesome and I could not have asked for more motivated students or more qualified, interesting faculty to work with. Aktobe is already getting cold...there will be snow soon. But so far I really like it. Highlights are 1. Abundance of tree and bench lined boulevards for strolling, 2. interesting cafes, and 3. Awesome other 2 volunteers here in the city, and 5 others in the outlying villages (visited one this weekend...there were a lot of cows). Lowlight: 1. It's about to get pretty damn cold, and 2. computer crashed a bit, thus the sparse internet activity. I'm working on it. That's all for now. Just wanted to prove I'm alive.

New address:

Кристина Балдарэлли (my name!)
г Актобе
главпочтамт
а\я 15 030000
казахстан

I hope all of you out there have a really nice thanksgiving...it's kind of my favorite, so have a big turkey sandwich for me on friday :) xoxo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Styna - The Christmas Cocktail won't be the same without you! Glad you're well - stay warm!

LOVE&MISS YOU!
j.

Nicole said...

so glad you finally posted something...i was getting worried! love you & miss you..and btw, how the hell am I supposed to write all those funky looking letters to send you something.....?? HmmMMmMMm xoxooxox