Sorry to tease you with the promise of a delightful, new posting, but I just have time to quickly document that it is now Spring. I walked to this cafe from the university WITHOUT A COAT. Which is a first in about 5 and a half months. That's me- avid lover of all things outdoorsey, worshipper of the sun, and huge aficionada of parks and park-related activities such as laying in the park, reading in the park, and playing frisbee. In the park. Condemned to winter clothing and subject to the wrath of all my colleagues should I spend so much as 5 minutes outside, FOR FIVE AND A HALF MONTHS. What were you doing in November? What have you done since then? OK, now picture all of that, with a huge coat and fur boots on, and a numb face. 5 and a half months.
And now, Spring.
On another note- now I can finally train for the hike in June somewhere other than the stairwell of my 9 story soviet-project apartment building. (My neighbors were so weirded out). In June I, my sister Angelina, maybe my sister Sophia, and my friend Melanie will hike the 3 Peaks Challenge- the 3 tallest mountains in the UK during a 24-hour period. The event raises money for a great nonprofit organization in South Africa. If you have an extra dollar or two laying around, we have a lofty fundraising goal that we'd love for you to help out with. Check out the fundraising site at: http://www.justgiving.com/ihikeforakaz
http://www.justgiving.com/ihikeforakaz
2 comments:
sister!!
happy to be able to access your blog again. i think theres a pretty good chance that i'll be able to do the hike with you guys. cant wait!!!
when i read the part about you running through stairwells and your neighbors, i laughed outloud. I was then on the recieving end of some stares. (im in computer class at school right now).
i miss you soooo much. i got your email and i'll be emailing you back soon. this is just, like, one of the busiest weeks ever.
love ya tons!!
The countdown has begun!!! 18 days till we begin our journey to meet in London!!!
One way to get your climbing muscles in shape is to sit with your back pressed against the wall, tighten your abs and keep your legs bent at a 90 degree angle.
So, now that you are a quarter of a century OLD, what do you have to say for yourself? Eh, some words of wisdom? Perhaps I'll teach you to knit :-)
Luv-luv, Mom
Post a Comment