Two blogs in a week?! I know what you're thinking, but: No, I didn't move back to the States thus affording me such luxuriously frequent internet access, nor did I get bride-napped by a wealthy Uzbek mafia boss working secretly out of an underground Aktobe palace that has surprisingly reliable wifi.
I just came to the cafe twice this week. It's finals week, and Melanie left yesterday for a business trip in Kyzlorda, and I said: Dammit. I'm going back to that cafe.
Annnd. Today is also a very special day and I couldn't let it go by without saying:
CONGRATULATIONS NICOLE ! ! !
That's right ladies and gents. She's a veritable Catch Phrase prodigy, her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and her unwavering ability to match even the most unwieldy of outfits has left me awestruck on many occasions. Already clearly a master of many arts and trades, only today does Nicole finally officially earn the title and the fabulous little piece of paper to go with it. I wish I could be there. Love you girl.
(begin parenthesis...
Meanwhile, I don't even know how to start the MIIS congratulations. At the great risk of half-assing it with this meager preview, I will say that I have a group of friends and colleagues who have just finished something pretty spectacular. I think it may have been a harrowing experience, but I'm hoping that by the time this blog posts, the anxiety will have all melted off -- leaving nothing but joy, relief, energy, and dare I say: an inclination to get crazy and visit me in Kazakhstan. Hmm, Sofya? :) BUT. This is not the congratulations, it's just a preview. SO just know that I'm thinking about you guys, feeling a little surreal that I'm not there with you. Pozdravlaiyu.)
3 comments:
Hey i dont if you were in a rush or something the last time you posted but..... you spelled my name wrong. dont worry, though. i love you anyway. :D i really want to come out and visit you there in kaz. would be so much fun!
As per usual, i am again commenting you while i am in computers. i really dont like this class, were currently listening to VERY bad
70s music.
I love 30 rock. the show is hilarious. do you need more episodes? or maybe the office?
i have to go now, but i'll email/call/text you later.
love you!!!!!!
OH MY GOSH, if you have season 3 of 30 Rock...I might pass out.
Also, I was talking to my Russian friend Sofya. I know how to spell your name, silly.
Post a Comment